Monday, August 10, 2015

Picture Perfect

Now I know I cant be the only mom who has this outrageous idea of what the "perfect" mom is and get ridiculously down on myself when I dont meet those expectations.
Somedays, one dirty fork in the sink is enough to make me feel like I suck as a mother.
Its insane I know.

What do we moms gotta do to catch a break? 
The world puts high expectations on us, and we put even higher ones on ourselves 

How about realize that you do whats best for your family. 
Not someone elses
yeah, your next door neighbor might be eating "raw" and the one next to them is gluten free but thats them. 
you are no less of a parent because you give your child candy while going through the check out lane at walmart
you are no less of a parent for choosing to formula feed instead of breastfeeding
you are no less of a parent for using disposable diapers instead of cloth

No two parents are the exact same. 
and no one is superior 
 
You. Are. Enough. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment